Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gimme A Break

Please someone tell me that I'm not a bad parent for needing a break from my kid?!?!?! I love my sweet little girl! Aside from meeting The Pte. (and all that came with that), she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love her smiles, her silly faces, her snuggles, watching her sleep, and on and on and on. But sometimes, especially after a night where she was up 4 or 5 times, I just really need a break. Like, please oh please sweet child of mine, please just nap! And then she doesn't... She doesn't and I really just want to pull my hair out. She's cranky and screaming and aggressively rubbing her eyes because she is tired. I'm cranky and exhausted and overwhelmed because I didn't get to sleep last night either. It's a lethal combination. Okay, it's not a lethal combination at all. With The Pte. on base, my Mom is here to help me out (thankfully). But man, do I ever feel like a bad parent when I just sit at the computer letting her scream from her crib for an extra five minutes knowing full well that she is not going to nap. Eventually my Mom goes up and saves her and plays with her and gives her the love and affection that I would have gotten around to doing eventually. And I sit at the computer, dwelling over the latest example of my less-than-stellar parenting skills. Sigh...

-The Mrs.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine, but there's a reason they say being a mom is the hardest job in the world. Don't be too tough on yourself!

    ReplyDelete